Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Procedural Justice Alternatives to Contempt (PJAC) Demonstration Grant—Riverside and San Bernardino

In 2016, the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement awarded to California and five other states the Procedural Justice Alternatives to Contempt grant (PJAC). Riverside County and San Bernardino County child support agencies have teamed together and spent the last year refining plans and training staff to provide enhanced services in difficult/complex cases. The grant focuses on cases where the paying parent has refused or has avoided engagement with the Child Support Program and is at risk of being held in contempt.

A pilot occurred between October and December 2017, with some success, and the delivery of enhanced services for randomly-selected parents will officially begin in January 2018. NOTICE: Your local child support agency may be contacted while this grant is in progress due to the crossover of parents in cases managed in other counties. When a parent is randomly selected and that parent has another case being managed by a “non-PJAC” local child support agency, PJAC staff may need the assistance of your staff for the following;

  • Arrange contact with the parent receiving support in the other case
  • Arrange a meeting in your office
  • Arrange a conference call from your office

There is more to be come, so stay tuned for more updates in the DCSS Today newsletter!

2 comments:

  1. This is what has been screwing me up on my child support and there charging me with contempt. Riverside took my license before I had ever been in front of a child support judge and before my divorce was even finalized. I was a truck driver 18 1/2 years. I had my lic before I was married. My school was paid before I met my ex wife. I gave her everything and they removed my job so I couldn’t pay rent or support myself. I had no lawyer because I had to start over and hold a job well trying to make every court appearance. No one wants a truck driver with personal problems to work for there company. My career was ruined because I was doing what the court asked by showing up. 11 years and I’m still dealing with my child support and I have no reason to pay it off because they already removed my custody and I don’t get to see them. Why pay for my visitation when I’m homeless and I don’t want my children to see me like this anyway. I wouldn’t need to pay child support if I was able to be a dad and use the welfare system like a single parent can. Dragging a single man through the court system for to long seems to make him look like a dead beat. My kids have a roof over there head and they live with a step dad and my ex wife. He doesn’t work and I helped buy the house he lives, my kids don’t have to worry about me taking it away either. Food stamps don’t pay the rent and try using them when you sleep in a car. This program prevents you finding out what is causing your child support issues from moving forward and it keeps dragging you deeper into debt. I know I won’t ever be able to afford my children at this point, I won’t ever be able to live a normal live or get married. I wouldn’t do that to any woman because no one needs my problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Researchers and decent article about nightvision camerawildlife enthusiasts use night vision to observe nocturnal animals without disturbing them.

    ReplyDelete